Jewelry is a wonderful way to express yourself. It always makes a nice gift for that someone special. I especially love unique and handmade jewelry. I recently learned about 31 Bits from a coworker. 31 Bits are hands down my favorite company for handmade jewelry! Take a look at the images in this post. Can you believe the jewelry are made from 100% recycled paper?? Yep, all of the jewelry from 31 Bits is made from recycled paper and are created by amazing and talented women in Uganda.
I received three 31 Bits items for review. They all arrived in individual cloth bags. Jubliee ($26) is a colorful necklace looks great with a sweater, a sundress or a t-shirt and jeans! I’ve worn it to a birthday party, a musical and to the mall! My daughter loves it and she says that it’s very pretty. The necklace has a button clasp which makes it easy to put on by yourself.
The second necklace is the Robi in Soft Gray ($32). This necklace is made up of thick beads and comes in a variety of colors. This is a robust piece. I could see it worn with a nice business suit or anytime that you want to make a bold statement.
The last piece is the Bumboo bracelet ($18). This is a gorgeous, colorful bracelet with three strands of beads. It would match perfectly with Jubliee! Most bracelets are too big for my petite wrist. I don’t have that problem with this bracelet. That being said, this might be a tight fit if you are big boned.
I LOVE all the pieces that were sent to me. The jewelry is striking and are wonderful accessories to brighten up any casual or formal attire. All of these products can be layered with other designs to make them even more eye catching. I feel that any woman of any age can wear 31 Bits. Since the pieces are handmade, no two are alike! My husband had to take a closer look at the jewelry I received to review. His comment, “Wow! This is made out of paper?? I’m truly impressed.”
As an artist myself, I have an appreciation for creative arts and handcrafted products. What interests me more are the people behind the products. 31 Bit works with 63 Ugandan women and offers them a market to sell their gorgeous products. These women are internally displaced, have suffered, but with the help of 31 Bits they now have hope. Meet the creative and beautiful designers from Uganda and read about their personal stories here http://www.31bits.com/designers/.
I feel happy knowing that my purchase goes towards an amazing company and the women they work with. I plan on buying the Milk & Honey or the Dawn from the 31 Bits Haven collection. Their jewelry has a nice aura. I will never meet these women but I have a connection with them. I get to wear their creations and I am reminded of their ingenuity, passion and their stories. 31 Bits will make an amazing Mother’s Day gift or a “just because” gift. Buy a necklace and receive a beautiful greeting card that celebrates moms. Spread the word, love the world and learn more about 31 Bits and their missions here.
GIVEAWAY: One That’s IT Mommy reader will receive the Bumboo bracelet and another reader will receive the Robi necklace (U.S. and Canada only, 18+). Ends 5/8.
REQUIRED ENTRY – To enter, tell us what products other than those mentioned in our review do you like at www.31bits.com AND tell us who you would give the piece of jewelry to. Leave your comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” 31 Bits on Facebook
- Follow 31 Bits on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win jewelry made out of 100% recycled paper by internally displaced women in Uganda. via @31bits @ThatsITMommy http://bit.ly/g0f67X ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on May 08, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We received the above mentioned items for review. That’s IT Mommy is offering two of the items as giveaway items. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.