I love shopping for clothes. Maybe it’s genetic, but my tot seems to share the same passion for fashion that I do. I came across Monkey Hugz and was drawn in by the bright colored clothes up on their website. At a closer look, I saw that all of their clothes were organic–always a bonus! Monkey Hugz kindly sent us a Kimono-Style Long-sleeve shirt in Red for review.
The shirt is made by Positively Organic, “combining earth-friendly materials and sweatshop-free manufacturing with bold graphics, bright colors and hip yet simple designs.” I love the style of this shirt. The criss-cross cut is unique and girly. The cotton is ultra-soft, too! With the bright red color this shirt can easily be paired with a black skirt or pants for your tot’s for all the holiday parties you may be toting your kids to. It’s made with 100% organic cotton with non-toxic dyes. I love how the design is carried through from the waist to the wrist of the shirt. We’ve washed the shirt three times and the shirt has retained the bright red that attracted me to it in the first place. The long-sleeve Kimono-style shirt sells for $28 and is available in sizes 2T-4T. My 41″ daughter is in a 4T.
Monkey Hugz has other items that peaked my interested, too. I came across this fabulous Pea Coat (it’s next on my “to buy” list!) for only $26!
My daughter is very into using a paper towel with dinner, and I know she would love these People Towels (her entire bedroom is owls!). Importantly, it would also serve as a reminder to reduce waste by using reusable products. Retails for $8.
Monkey Hugz is owned by John and Hillary Mizia. It is a natural parenting and baby store focused on sustainability. They carry a selection of durable, useful and reuseable wares, and are interested in educating their consumers, too! They have many useful links, including the “Why Pages”, where they provide you with a quick answer to some of the “why should I care” questions, from breastfeeding to BPA to organic cotton and more.
DISCOUNT: BUY these and other items from their store. And through 11/20/10, enter code: KIMONO for a 15% discount (applies to all items except the Learning Tower).
GIVEAWAY: John and Hillary at Monkey Hugz are generously offering one That’s IT Mommy reader one (1) $35 gift card to their on-line store (Open to everyone, 18+). That’s enough to cover the shirt reviewed here plus U.S. shipping (and many of their other fabulous products). Thanks, Monkey Hugz!
REQUIRED ENTRY – To enter, (1) visit Monkey Hugz and let us know what you’ll purchase with your gift card! Come back here and leave your comments in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment.
- “Like” Monkey Hugz on Facebook (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow Monkey Hugz on Twitter (2 extra–2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Win a $35 Gift Certificate from @monkeyhugz via @ThatsITMommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=7306 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)