Disney Family.com has such awesome desserts for families to make together. Chocolate Easter Egg Nests use Shredded Wheat or Rice Krispies and melted chocolate to make perfect nests for candy coated Easter Eggs. The nests are easy to make. We chose to use to use Rice Krispies and they turned out great! A fun treat to get ready for the Easter Bunny.
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 3 hours
Yield: 8 chocolate nests
- 5 large Shredded Wheat (or 2 cups spoon-size)
- 1/3 cup good quality milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup good quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup, such as Lyle’s mini candy coated chocolate eggs
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- scant 1 cup good quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, such as Lyle’s
- Crush the Shredded Wheat into a bowl with your fingers. Put the chocolate chips into a saucepan together with the butter and golden syrup and melt over a gentle heat.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Stir the Shredded Wheat into the chocolate mixture and spoon eight mounds onto the lined cookie sheets, shaping into rounds with a dip in the center.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours until set, then peel the nests carefully away from the parchment and fill with mini chocolate eggs.