This Delicious Recipe came from That’s IT Mommy Reader, Amanda Frankland, of Lowell, Ma. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used a whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used 4 thin cut breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 nectarines or 2 ripe peaches
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed or minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium Zucchini (one was about enough for two adults. The kids weren’t interested in the zucchini. If 4 servings are for adults double the zucchini and butter)
- about a tablespoon of butter
- 4 servings of your favorite cooked rice
—- Start rice in separate pan according to the directions for that rice
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and half of the salt and pepper, set aside 2 teaspoons for sauce.
- In remaining flour mixture, coat chicken (I recommend pounding out the chicken first a bit) well; shake off excess.
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes (I used thin breasts and they didn’t take that long) until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, peel and pit nectarines; cut into chunks.
- In the same pan add onion (I might try leeks next time), garlic and reserved flour mixture to skillet; cook, stirring for a few minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of stock and lemon juice (I didn’t have lemon, so I used lime, but I think the lemon would have been better); bring to boil, stirring to scrape up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add nectarines; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and remaining salt and pepper.
- While the nectarines were cooking I sliced up a medium zucchini into medium chunks
- Once the nectarine sauce is done, transfer to a bowl and use the same pan for the zucchini adding in the rest of the broth and about a tablespoon of butter and a little salt. Cook for a few minutes, stirring some, until soft and it picks up some nice color.
- 12 In a shallow bowl or plate layer a scoop of rice, then half the zucchini, then a chicken breast and the nectarine sauce on top!