I have been trying to find some lighter meals to cook for dinner now that the temperatures have warmed up. I came across this one on Good Houskeeping. I added onion, garlic and summer squash to it and it was very tasty.
- 1 1/4 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 package(s) (10-ounce) sliced cremini or shitake mushrooms
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 can(s) (14- to 14 1/2-ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 summer squash cut into small pieces
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high until hot. Add chicken and cook covered stirring occasionally, Transfer to plate.
- To same skillet, add mushrooms, squash, onion, garlic, celery, and thyme; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Add broth, rice, wine, salt, and black pepper; heat to boiling.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with knife, and rice is cooked.