That’s IT Mommy is fortunate to work with amazing companies who cater to families. Not only do we get to review the latest products but we get a chance to learn about the people behind them. Mimi the Sardine is a company that we met last year. They are a family run, as well as women run, business that make eating accessories for children and adults. The materials used in their products are eco-friendly which means that your children aren’t harmed in anyway.
Last year we reviewed a Mimi the Sardine apron and lunch bag (read review here). I’m excited to work with them again and review their new Kids Backpack. We received the Pink Flora pattern ($38.95). The size of their backpacks are : 10.5″H x 11.5″W x 3″D, which is the perfect size for my preschooler. I adjusted the straps to ensure a comfortable fit. The bag is great for preschool or a trip to the park. My daughter had no problem zipping the top of the bag. I like that the zipper is located at the top rather than along the entire side of the bag. Items won’t fall out the sides like traditional backpacks. Teagan filled up the bag with a few of her favorite toys , and she was ready to go! She said she was taking her “big girl” bag to school.
The quality of the bag is superb and very easy to clean. The colorful Flora pattern is adorable and will stand out against all the backpacks with the usual TV characters and princesses. I love that the straps are adjustable which means we’ll get more wear time out of the bag. With proper care I could see this bag being perfect to hand down to the younger siblings.
All of Mimi the Sardine fabrics are made from organic cotton, are PVC free and offer fun, playful designs. The price is a little higher than most commercial backpacks but what you are paying for is safety, durability and uniqueness! Their fabrics are designed in Europe and are assembled in Oakland, CA. Mimi the Sardine is 100% committed to families and improving the environment!
Do you live in the Bay Area? You can visit their factory outlet in San Rafael, CA. Visit here for more information.
WIN IT: Mimi the Sardine is offering three (3) That’s IT Mommy readers their very own Kids Backback (fabric is winner’s choice)!! Ends 4/26/11
MAIN ENTRY – Visit http://www.mimithesardine.com and tell us about another product that you like. Come back here and tell me which one it is – leave your comment in the comment box below.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Worth 1 each unless otherwise noted.
- Follow Mimi the Sardine on Twitter
- Like Mimi the Sardine on Facebook
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our Button (located in the right sidebar) and leave the link (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to #win a Mimi the Sardine Kids Backpack via @thatsitmommy @mimithesardine http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=11171 3 winners!) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on April 26, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a Kids Backpack to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product