Are you starting to research or maybe actually shop for the holidays? Do you know a girl who loves to collect dolls? Are you a doll collector? Listed below are a few dolls that were recently released by MGA Entertainment. We tested out each doll to possibly help you in your purchasing decisions:
This first doll is on the 2010 Toy’s R Us Holiday Hot Toy List! Lalaloopsy is a collection of eight different 13” plastic rag dolls. Each doll was born on a special day in history and their personality shows in the fabrics that were used to make them. These dolls were designed to encourage a child’s imagination and creativity. The Lalaloopsy dolls live in a silly magical world.
We were sent Spot Splatter Splash. The doll was born (or sewn) on October 25th which is Picasso’s Birthday. She is super cute with button eyes and a large head. The colors are vibrant and she is wearing an adorable artist splashed overall outfit. Each doll comes with a pet. Spot’s pet is a zebra. Again, just silly fun!
Teagan enjoys the animated and happy features of the doll. We often get behind the easel and create our own masterpieces. Teagan can now share this with her new Lalaloopsy!
What’s cool about these dolls is you can select one that you feel matches your child’s personality. Is she clumsy? Or does she like to bake? There’s a doll that your child can relate to. The dolls are super cute so make sure to check out www.lalaloopsy.com to meet all the dolls, download posters and check out some other fun stuff! Lalaoopsy can be found at Toy’s R Us and other retailers!
Suggested age is 4+ and retails for $24.99
Bratz 10th Anniversary Party Dolls
The Bratz fashion dolls are turning 10! The new dolls feature fresh, updated faces, bodies and fashions. The BRATZ® pack – Cloe, Yasmin, Sasha and Jade are back! We received the Yasmin Bratz doll. Yasmin is dressed in a ruffled shirt, boots, shimmery leggings, vest and hat. This doll has more style then I do in my little pinky. She also has a change of clothes and accessories. Yasmin is very pretty and has movable joints. Are your girls into fashion? Or do they love changing outfits? This might be the doll for her. Find out more about the Girls with a Passion for Fashion at www.bratz.com. The Bratz dolls can be found at Target, Toy’s R Us and other retailers.
Suggested age is: 6+ and retails for $19.99
That’s IT Mommy friend Heather, reviewed the Moxie Teenz Tristen doll. Here’s what she thought:
Tristen is described as an artist and an apprentice for a fashion designer. She will “work like crazy to make her dreams come true.” Tristen searches for inspiration on the street, sketches her ideas and studies foreign languages so she can move to Paris, Milan or Tokyo.
When Kieran saw the doll in the package, her first words were “I love her shoes! Yes I do, I really love her shoes.” Kieran was also drawn to her hair, and loved the fact that it was so easy to remove to give her doll “short hair.”
The packaging states for ages 6 and up, and I would say that my 3 year old would easily lose the small accessories (earrings, a ring and 3 bracelets) that come with the doll if I don’t keep a watchful eye. Even without these accessories, she still enjoys playing with her new “tall doll” and making up stories about her. The doll is jointed and can be posed in hundreds of different positions that Kieran has also had fun with. Additionally, the doll comes with a code to access web content, which unfortunately is not age-appropriate for Kieran. Otherwise, Kieran had a great time playing with Moxie Teenz Tristen. Read more about Tristen and the other Moxie Teenz at www.moxieteenz.com. Tristen is currently on sale at Toy’s R US for $21.99!
Suggested age is: 6+ and retails for $26.99
GIVEAWAY: MGA Entertainment and their marketing team is offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a Lalaloopsy, Bratz Fashion Doll and a Moxie Teenz (doll selection may vary)
REQUIRED ENTRY – If you won, who would you give these dolls to and why?
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Each entry MUST BE in a separate comment.
- Follow the Moxie Teenz on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Visit Lalaloopsy.com and tell us which doll is your favorite. (1 extra)
- Visit moxieteenz.com and tell us which doll is your favorite. (1 extra)
- Visit www.bratz.com (1 extra)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to win a Lalaloopsy, Bratz and Moxie Teenz doll via MGA Entertainment and @ThatsITMommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=6563) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on October 8, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the dolls mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or ervice. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.