Every once in a while, there is a toy that I want to play with as much as my child. Mae’s paper doll decals are one of these toys! I am in love with these beautiful wall stickers that feature a doll sticker with separate stickers to change her hairstyle, hair accessories, tops, bottoms and shoes.
The Australian-based company, Mae, put so much thoughtful detail into the design of these decals. The dolls and their clothing are classic with a nod to yesteryear (I’m no fashion historian, but it reminds me of 1940’s styles) The fabric decals come in soft colors with sweet, small patterns that compliment my daughter’s bedroom beautifully.
We put the decals on my daughter’s closet doors and we surprise each daily with new outfit combinations. I was doubtful about how many times we could peel these stickers off without damaging them, but after a month of constant play they look as good as the day we opened them and there is no damage to our painted doors.
I spotted these dolls at the Playtime New York tradeshow where the ladies at the Love Mae booth had them exhibited in the most eye-catching way. They had hung some twine like a laundry line and attached mini-clothesline clips above each of the clothing items. I found similar mini clips at Michael’s craft shop and am tempted to re-create the look in my daughter’s room.
My contact at Mae’s was so friendly and told me that she and her friends have played with these dolls once the kids are asleep and they are kicking back with some wine. I laughed at the thought, but have since been tempted to move them out of my daughter’s bedroom for easier nighttime access.
There are four seasons of dolls and accompanying decal wardrobes – winter, spring, summer and fall. Each season can be purchased separately for $39.95 at www.landofnod.com.
In addition to the dolls, Mae’s also makes adorable pirate ship scenes, and design your own monster and robot collections. I’m thinking my son is going to need one of these soon. Check out all their products at http://www.lovemae.com.au
The Giveaway — The kind ladies at Love Mae are giving away a doll season of the winner’s choice to two lucky That’s IT Mommy readers.
GIVEAWAY: Love Mae is generously offering one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a set of dress up doll stickers of their own. (ends 6/16/11)
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY – To enter visit www.landofnod.com and tell us which season of dolls is your favorite. Leave comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” Love Mae on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – RT #Win Love Mae dress up doll stickers via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12287 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 16, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned product free of charge in order to facilitate this review. Giveaway items will be provided by That’s IT Mommy. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.