Sometime after the birth of my first child, about 4 years ago, I started to buy designer jeans. With the change in the shape of my body, the brands I used to wear just didn’t fit anymore. This wasn’t a size issue as I was actually back to my high school weight–a place I hadn’t been in 12 years! But I was a bit more curvy, and the pricier jeans were really all I could find at the time that would complement my figure.
During BlogHer ’11, I opened my mind and visited the Lee Jeans booth. I always considered Lee as a brand my mom would wear. I perused through their display and what caught my eye first was the decorative styling of the pockets. There were so many to choose from! They also offered tons of different fits and I had to take a step back. To get the same style for about a quarter of the price is definitely worth looking into further!
Lee sent me three styles, all the same size. They sent the Bennet Skinny, the Joanie Midrise in Rebel and the Slender Secret Joplin in Spy. I ordered my typical size, and 2 of the 3 were a perfect fit. I was surprised that the skinny jeans actually run at least a size big. They graciously offered to resend me another skinny jean, and I requested two sizes down. It was now a perfect fit.
The Joanie Midrise is one of my favorites. They are my new “Everyday” pair of jeans. I like the woven design on the back packet and they are ultra-comfy!
The Joanie Midrise style features:
- Modern twist on the traditional bootcut jean with a slightly narrower bottom opening
- Sits lower on the waist
- Great stretch, crosshatch denim, finished with subtle whiskers for a flattering look
- The chunky stitch embroidery on back pocket
I also love the Bennett Skinny Jeans. From the pocket to the bling in front to the ultra dark wash, these are my go-to jeans for date night. And they fit well in my boots as well as look nice with a pair of flats.
The Bennett Skinny style features:
- Slim fit through the seat, thigh and leg opening gives you a trendy, flattering look
- Dark blue wash.
- Embossed back pockets
- Midrise sits above the hip for a modern silhouette
- Stretchy denim construction ensures continuous comfort
I also reviewed the Slender Secret Joplin Jean in Spy. I prefer the darker wash with my jeans, as that makes them a bit more slimming. It was my least favorite of the three, but only because I like the fit and style of the other two better. Believe me, these still get plenty of use!
As you can see, without being tailored, they fit me a bit long (I’m 5’7″). If I were to wear these with my heels, they’d be fine.
The Joplin style features:
- Ultra stretch fabric that retains its shape all day while slenderizing you
- Stylish deco stitching on the back pockets is complemented with small metal studs
- Barely bootcut
One thing to note with all the jean styles as the material is fairly thin. Most of my high-end denim is definitely a heavier-weight material with more reinforcement around the stitching.
Overwhelmed by the number of options that they carry? Start with the Fit Finder and it’ll help you narrow your search! You can also narrow your search as you go by selecting your criteria in the left sidebar of their website.
- Pick a bootcut: A bootcut jean is the must-have style for the holidays because it offers a timeless silhouette that is flattering to all body shapes. The key to the bootcut this season is to find a sexy fit. Pick one that hugs your hips and thighs for the most flattering appearance. To achieve this look, Lee offers several bootcut options, including the new Elliot Shape & Flatter Bootcut Jean which sits close to the seat and thigh.
- Invest in stretch: Needing a little give in your jeans after eating all those tasty treats makes stretch jeans a holiday essential! Depending on how much stretch is in the jeans will determine what size to buy. If the jeans stretch a lot then you will need to size down and let the stretch work for you. Try Lee’s Slender Secret Steven Skinny Jean to ensure a quality stretch that retains its shape throughout the day.
- Choose a dark wash: Nothing is classier in a jean than a stylish dark finish. This season, select a darker blackened blue. This trendy color is slimming and can easily take you from day to night. Also remember that the darker the jean, the easier it is to style, so increase your options with a black-blue jean such as Lee’s Slender Secret Bailey Bootcut Jean in Destination.
- Bling the backside: Fancy back pockets are perfect for the holidays because they add that extra glam which allows you to shine just as bright as the holiday lights. Weary of adding details to your rear? Forget it! The holiday season is the perfect time to showcase your curves in a tasteful manner. To start, try out some of Lee’s detailed denim like the Slender Secret Marmont Bootcut Jean.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive their choice of one (1) of the Women’s Jean styles reviewed above (based on availability). This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 12/22/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Lee Jeans and tell us which pair of jeans or trousers you’d like to try (other than the ones mentioned in the review above). Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Lee Jeans on Facebook
- Follow Lee Jeans on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a pair of stylish Lee Jeans from via @thatsitmommy and @LeeJeansUS http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=20189 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on December 22, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the jeans mentioned in the review from Lee Jeans PR company free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.