One toy that has truly stood the test of time is the Sock Monkey. They have been a part of American Culture since the early 1930‘s. The original socks that were used for Sock Monkeys were Rockford Red Heel Socks which were manufactured by Nelson Knitting Company as work socks for men. During the Great Depression, American mothers first made sock monkeys out of worn-out Rockford Red Heel Socks. Sock monkeys have remained popular ever since. Today you can find them at most major toy stores along with a whole line of Sock Monkey themes classic toys.
Schylling Toys, a Massachusetts based toy company, specializes in Classic Toys. They manufacture Sock Monkeys as well as many other classic toys . Schylling sent us a plush Sock Monkey to review. It was love at first site for my three year old daughter. She decided on naming her Sock Monkey Sunny! Sunny has earned a special place in my daughter’s heart and her bed! This high quality plush will definitely be a favorite of her’s for a long time. The plush Sock Monkey is 20 inches tall, super soft and cuddly. It retails for $16.99 and is perfect for all ages.
We also received a Sock Monkey Jack-in-the-box. I love that it combines two classic toys in one! Jack-in-the boxes have been around since since the early 1500’s! The first documented one was made by a German clockmaker as a gift for the son of a local prince. Word spread among the nobles and the demand for this toy was created.
The Sock Monkey Jack-in-the box is a traditional tin box which measures just over 5″ tall. Inside is a plush sock monkey puppet that pops out to the tune of “Pop Goes the Weasel.” Adeline had so much fun playing with this bright-colored toy. Every pop was a delight for her even though she knew what was coming! The Sock Monkey Jack-in-the box retails for $20.49 and is recommended for kids 18 months and up. This classic toy will provide hours of entertainment to any little one.
Buy IT: You can view all Schylling’s Products and purchase them on www.schylling.com.
GIVEAWAY: Schylling is generously offering one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a Sock Monkey Plush and A Sock Monkey Jack-in-the box of their own! (Ends 6/2/11)
MAIN ENTRY – To enter, visit Schylling and tell us what other classic toy(s) you love. Leave comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Follow Schylling on Twitter
- Like Schylling Toys on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – RT #Win Schylling Sock Monkey toys via @thatsitmommy & @Schylling http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12576 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 2, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned products free of charge in order to facilitate this review. Giveaway items will be provided by That’s IT Mommy. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.