One day I noticed a co-worker of mine standing at the counter doing leg curls. She told me that she wears ankle weights to work and when she’s standing still, she sneaks in some leg curls. After I thought about it for a second, I realized it was sheer genius.
Our job as nurses is already a workout in itself. We do 12+ hour shifts, most of which is on our feet, running from room to room, squatting, pulling, lifting, you name it. I have always known how tiring it is, but I’d never thought to add some resistance. I had an old pair of 2-pound ankle weights in the garage, so I decided to try it out. I only made it through 8 hours because I found them to be too heavy and cumbersome. However, I did like the way my legs felt. I could actually feel the muscles working more and I liked it.
I decided to do a little research to see if I could find some user-friendly alternatives to old school ankle weights. I ended up finding exactly what I was looking for in Banglz. These wearable wrist and ankle lifestyle weight bands were perfect! They come in ½ or 1 pound weights for wrists and 1 pound weights for ankles. The best part is that they have removable sleeves in great patterns and colors. The sleeves are soft against the skin and you can slip them off and hand wash them if they get soiled or sweaty.
I received a set of 1 pound ankle weights in “Breath”. I put them on right after I got them and proceeded about my day. I did some housework, went shopping, and walked around the neighborhood while the boys rode their bikes. I ended up wearing them for about 6 hours that first day. After the initial adjustment to having them on, I forgot about them. At first, I thought the weights were too light. I could barely feel any difference. That changed after I took them off though! It was suddenly apparent just how much extra work I was doing while carrying that extra weight around! I wasn’t sore or anything the next day, but I could definitely tell that I had worked my legs more than normal.
I’ve had my Banglz for about a week now and I love them. They have become a daily addition to my wardrobe. I just slip them on and go about my day. They are comfortable, cute, and definitely add a level of resistance to daily activities. Banglz recommends trying them during yoga, pilates, or Zumba, but I haven’t added them into a workout yet. I can imagine they would be a fantastic addition to a low to moderate impact workout though.
All in all, if you’re looking to add a little boost to your daily activities, Banglz lifestyle weight bands are a perfect fit!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a set of 1-pound Banglz ankle weights in “Sea”. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 3/21/12. (CLOSED)
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.banglz.com and tell us how you would use your Banglz if you won. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Banglz on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway, come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (Copy – It’s #Fitness Week! Enter to #win a pair of Banglz ankle weights via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=22677 ) 1 extra/day
*This giveaway will run through midnight on March 21, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received ankle weights from Banglz free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by That’s IT Mommy. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.