it’s a world of laughter and a world of tears
it’s a world of hopes and a world of fears
there’s so much that we share
that is time we’re aware
it’s a small world after all
Since I was a young girl, “it’s a small world“ has been my favorite attraction at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. The beautiful animatronic dolls, the catchy lyrics, the colorful worlds, the boats–I loved all of it! The attraction, which was first featured at the 1964 New York World’s Fair, symbolizes world piece and unity. Disneyland and Disney World is a melting pot of guests from just about everywhere where we live in harmony and peace at the “happiest place on earth”.
- The façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday features more than 300,000 twinkling lights. Bringing the global celebration of the Holidays to life are roughly 150,000 lights that illuminate the interior of the attraction.
- After dark, the smiling clock at the front of “it’s a small world” reveals a sparkling projection show. On every quarter hour, the façade of the attraction is transformed into an enormous clockwork mechanism with advanced 3D-projection technology. The gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock.
- Make sure to visit “it’s a small world” this holiday season! You will not be disappointed. Can’t make it to Disneyland this year? No worries! Enjoy these pictures until your next visit to Disneyland!
- Visit the almost 300 children of many nations in their holiday attire!
- During your tour, experience a rainbow of diverse cultures from such far-off locales as:
- The Polar Regions
- The British Isles
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- The Middle East
- South America
- The South Pacific
- The United States
- Keep an eye out for these Disney•Pixar characters throughout your voyage!
- Peter Pan and Tinker Bell
- Jiminy Cricket
- Aladdin and Jasmine
- The Three Caballeros
- Ariel and Flounder
- Lilo and Stitch
- Woody, Bullseye and Jessie
- —- I also found a Bobblehead Elvis – can you find him??—
- “it’s a small world” is lovingly sung by the children in their native languages—including French, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and English!
- Walt Disney selected Mary Blair as an art director and Alice Davis as the costumer to bring “it’s a small world” to life.
Holiday at the Disneyland Resort happens now through January 6, 2015! Learn more here at https://disneyland.disney.go.com.
* We attended Disneyland’s Holiday Blogger Family Party which included admission to the park, meal tickets and party activities. We are sharing our experience with our readers. Our opinions are solely our own. Photos property of Tee Burgess. Facts taken from https://disneyland.disney.go.com.