When I was working in a salon as an esthetician, one of my favorite jobs was make-up application. The salon I was at supplied the make-up but a co-worker always brought in her own. I tried it out one day and fell in love. She told me that she gets it at an online store called BH Cosmetics. I was intrigued but never got around to really looking into it especially after the birth of my daughter. So it is an understatement to say I was excited when I was given the chance to review this site and some of their make up. Even though I am a stay at home mom, I still love make-up and try to wear it on a daily basis.
BH Cosmetics is an online store that sells high quality make up at affordable prices. They sell eye, cheek and lip palettes along with brushes and much more. Their easily navigated site features video tutorials for every look you can imagine.
I was sent a 28 neutral eye color palette which retails for $18.95. For that price I found it natural to question the quality of the product. A lot of times you see these great colors and get the make-up home and you find that those colors look great in the package but you can’t seem to get the color on your skin. The reason for that is the lack of pigmentation. This is common with drugstore brands and cheaper cosmetics. If you have ever used a higher end line, you can recreate the color with one sweep of the brush. The BH eye colors were comparable with higher end cosmetics as far as the pigmentation. The BH palette featured both matte and neutral tones that would work with any skin tone. Some of the colors were perfect for cheek color too. The colors are great for everyday wear but can also work to create a night time look as well. The 9” x 6” black case is small enough to throw in your bag and take with you.
I was also sent a corrective primer which retails for $12.95! This is a step many people don’t take when applying eye make up. I think most people would be amazed by the improvement it makes. Primers create a water proof base that helps keep your shadow in place without creasing or wearing off. The corrective primer does even more by neutralizing your skin tone. I tend to have darker shadows on my lids and around my eyes (possibly from lack of sleep?). After applying this product, they were almost gone and the colors appeared more vibrant than they did without priming. I have found that primer is a must have if you want your make up to last all day. This is definitely the best one I have ever used.
I received an assortment of eye and face brushes. The brushes were comparable to other professional brushes I have used at a fraction of the price. The matte black brushes with black super soft bristles perfectly applied my shadow. I was able to use the fine eyeliner brush to create the perfect line by using one of the darker brown shadows. I was impressed they cleaned so easily and dried back to the original softness.
I am now hooked on BH Cosmetics! You don’t have to be a make-up artist or beauty professional to apply make-up. With the neutral tones you can enhance your look without appearing done up and with these prices there is no reason not to try it out. My 17 year old daughter checked out the site and has been begging me to get her one of the 120 color palettes which are on sale right now for $19.97. (I have found that they are always having specials which bring down their already amazing prices.) I am thinking that will be a perfect Christmas gift. Maybe I will pick up a few stocking stuffers for myself while I am at it.
BUY IT: BH Cosmetics
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a 28 neutral eye color palette. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/21/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit bh cosmetics and tell us what product will be on your wish list this holiday season. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like bh cosmetics on Facebook
- Follow bh cosmetics on Twitter
- Subscribe to bh cosmetics videos on You Tube
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a 28 color eye palette via @thatsitmommy and @bhcosmetics http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=18171 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on November 21, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned products from bh cosmetics free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned cosmetics from bh cosmetics free of charge to facilitate this review. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.