Do you want to play some cool new video games?
Then check out the IndieCade Festival presented by IndieCade, the International Festival of Independent Games, when it comes to Culver City, California on October 23-25, 2015.
This festival features over 100 indie games from around the world, an awards show, and a three-day conference, with talks, workshops and more.
The 36 nominated games will be on display at the Fire Station One location, which is open and free to the public. The additional 70+ games will be showcased at the IndieCade Village, where you will get hands-on game demos, see exhibitor booths and sessions, lounge areas, mixers and more.
• 2015 Official Nominees:
Aboard the Lookinglass
Eleanor of Ayer
Find Maria Rivera
Kerbal Space Program
Memory of a Broken Dimension
Museum of Simulation Technology
Plug & Play
Puzzlets ft. Cork the Volcano
Red & Pleasant Land
Seven Day Band
Story Warriors: Fairy Tales
Throw Trucks With Your Mind
Tribal & Error
Walden, a game
Wonderland: A Solvitur Ambulando Mystery
• 2015 Official Selections: Digital Selects:
a•part•ment: a separated place
Butt Sniffin Pugs
Captain Forever Remix
Emily Is Away
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
In God’s Hands
Read Only Memories
TEMPLE OF YOG
The Magic Circle
• 2015 Official Selections: VR Selects:
I Expect You Die
Pixel Ripped 1989
XING: The Land Beyond
• 2015 Official Selections: eSports Games:
Dad Beat Dads
• 2015 Official Selections: Night Games:
Maze of Heart
Pixel Prison Blues
Punk Prism Power
Slam City Oracles
• 2015 Official Selections: Big Games:
Big Fish / Little Fish
Caught in the Act
Sneack n’ Peek
Super Ship Sinker
• 2015 Official Selections Table Games:
Bring Your Own Book
Fire and Flora Gruff
Roots: A Game of Inventing Words
The Most Dangerous Game
Ultimate Rock Paper Scissors
• 2015 Sponsored Games:
Electronic Super Joy
Planet Alpha 31
There will be lots of events taking place over the weekend at IndieCade they include:
• 4th Annual Beer Garden Party will take place on Friday, October 23rd from 5pm to 8pm in the IndieCade Village. There will be music and games, beer, tacos and snacks.
• Gaming For Everyone Pavilion presented by Intel is brand new to IndieCade Festival 2015. This will feature a number of organizations that focus on initiatives promoting underrepresented groups and their presence in gaming and game development.
• Night Games happens on Saturday night. The Festival Village is transformed into the ultimate playground, as people play specially curated games under the stars.
• IndieXchange takes place on Thursday, October 21st at the Veteran’s Memorial Center. This is a full-day, pre-Festival developer summit of workshops, networking, GameTasting show-and-tell and more.
• think:indie is a collection of session talks and discussions on game design, development and criticism led by inspiring and prominent voices across the independent games community.
• GameU is a series of workshops focused on the behind the scenes of the game development process and the work that game designers do. Topics will include various game design techniques, beginning art for games, game audio, forming long-term career plans in video games and more.
• Playtest Sunday will take place in the Table Games Arena from 4pm-6pm. The genius game design minds at IndieCade will put your games to the test and help you make it better. At this Playtesting Event, you can have your game playtested with feedback and discussion from the gaming community.
• Game Development for Kids and Parents Workshop is a special 2-hour session on October 25 from 10am-12pm at the City Hall location. Both kids and parents will learn about play and build games using cardboard, crayons, paint and more.
• Closing Ceremony and Concert at the IndieCade Village on October 25 from 3pm-6pm. A farewell concert event that gathers the gaming community together for a Festival wrap-up with presentations of the Media and Audience Choice Awards.
For more information on IndieCade, visit www.indiecade.com.