Cooking is one of my three-year-old’s favorite activities, so we made sure she was properly outfitted. We bought her an apron, hat and rolling pin set at Growing Cooks, a Florida-based company that sells affordable, high-quality and most importantly absolutely adorable cooking gear for toddlers and bigger kids.
Even after cooking weekly pizza dinners in her apron for the last 12 months it is as white as the day it was delivered – okay I do admit to the assistance of a couple of soaks in OxiClean. We love the professional grade quality of both the apron and chef hat, and she loves to wear it.
Growing Cooks aprons are offered in a variety of colors, including purple, hot pink, blue, red and even a camouflage print for the stylish mini chefs in your household. The sets feature a chef hat, toddler size cloth apron (best for 2-5 year olds) and a mini rolling pin for $15.95. For an additional $6.95 you can also request custom embroidery on either the hat or apron.
They have three standard sizes of aprons: toddler, kids, and youth. The toddler is for ages 2 to about 5, the kids is for about ages 4 to 7, and the youth is for about ages 8 to 12. If your child is a little tall or short for his or her age, then adjust accordingly. The cloth hats all have a long piece of Velcro in the back to adjust for any size head. The chef hats will fit all ages from 2 years up to adult.
These sets make great gifts for the little cooks in your life, or as we did last year a great Halloween costume. Check them out at www.growingcooks.com.
– That’s IT Mommy NY Friend, Jill
GIVEAWAY: Our friends at Growing Cooks have generously offered to give away one (1) set including a kids apron, hat and rolling pin to one lucky That’s it Mommy reader.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY – Visit www.growingcooks.com and tell us what other products you like AND tell us about the growing cook in your life. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Friend Growing Cooks on Facebook (2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Sign up for the Growing Cooks newsletter (bottom right hand corner of their site) (2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (leave 3 separate comments, #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (leave 3 separate comments, #1, #2, #3)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Comment on one of our non-giveaway posts. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I just entered to WIN a Growing Cooks kids set via @ThatsITMommyhttp://thatsitmommy.com/?p=6694 #giveaway) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on October 13, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation or product for this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.