Can you think of a sweeter project than making ice cream at home with the kids? Teagan “screamed for ice-cream” (sorry I couldn’t resist!) when we put our new Sassafras Ice-Cream Maker ($24.95) to the test.
No need for fancy machinery! The compact Ice Cream Maker is perfect for children. The machine has two compartments, which is great if you’d like to create two different flavors. Just follow the recipes (included) from Sassafras, set to mix for 30 seconds and then switch to freeze. My daughter eagerly helped out and had no problem working the two large buttons on the machine. The Ice Cream Maker wasn’t overly noisy and fit into my freezer.
I suggest making the ice cream in the morning since it takes around 4 hours to freeze. My daughter was a little anxious about the amount of time it took. We ran some errands and returned home for a nice afternoon dessert. The final test was the taste test. For some strange reason I didn’t expect the result to taste like ice cream! I knew we found success when my daughter took the first bite and let out a big “Mmmmmm!!!”
Seriously, your kids will LOVE the fact that they made ice cream! I’m excited to experiment with other flavors and recipes (I decided to include bits of chocolate chips). The ice cream machine is easy to use and runs on 4 AA batteries. I definitely like the small size of the machine, which makes it easy to store and clean. The ice cream yields 1 pint, which is perfect for our family.
Sassafras is a small business that caters to kids! The company started back in 1977 with a Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Kit. Now they offer a large range of products for kids in and out of the kitchen. Some of my favorites from Sassafras.com are the Gingerbread Mold House and the Paint Your Own Umbrella kit.
COUPON CODE! Sassafras is offering 10% off your purchase with coupon code TEE10. Enter code at checkout. Coupon expires 6/8/2011. One coupon per shopper.
GIVEAWAY: Sassafras is generously offering One That’s IT Mommy reader their very own Ice Cream Maker!
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit Sassafras.com and tell us which item is your favorite!
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Each entry MUST BE in a separate comment and are worth one point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Like us on Facebook
- Like Sassafras Enterprises on Facebook
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Leave a comment on a non giveaway post
- Please enter ONE of our other current giveaways (Do not enter all of our current giveaways!!! You will receive three extra entries total.) (Comment #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Mmmm…. Win a Sassafras Ice Cream Maker via @ThatsITMommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=10143 ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 22, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the ice cream maker mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or aervice. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.