This is a sponsored post on behalf of HomeAway.
Throughout my life I have been fascinated by castles and their rich history housing the powerful occupants that occupied these treasures back in the middle ages. I think staying in a castle would make for a unique getaway. I usually make it a point to seek out and visit castles or historical homes when I’m on vacation. Staying in one would definitely be on the top of my travel bucketlist! HomeAway makes staying in one simple with The Homeaway Castle Collection. This curated list highlights 20 beautiful castles from France to Ireland and the USA! Does the idea seem out of reach? Don’t fret. Staying in a castle doesn’t mean a paying a king’s ransom. You could feel like the Lord of your own manor with some castle stays starting as little as $20 a night!
HomeAway®, the world leader in vacation rentals featuring more than two million unique places to stay, debuted its Castle Collection in collaboration of the release of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast®.” Properties range from centuries old historical landmarks to lakeside Estates. other criteria for the HomeAway Castle Collection include castles in a variety of locations; castles to fit all types of fairy-tale dreams, from rustic to luxurious; and castles with storied pasts to make vacationers feel like they’ve travelled back through time. Beyond the list, HomeAway offers 900 castles that will accommodates various sized groups, some up to 120 people! Honeymoons, family reunions, family vacations would be extra special if celebrated in a castle. I know my Princess would over the moon if we stayed in one for her birthday. One of the featured hotels in the collection is the The historic Duns Castle in Scotland, where the lucky winner of the #HomeAwayCastle contest will travel to this summer along with up to 20 additional guests. The company teamed up with Disney to offer this chance to win by entering at homeaway.com/Disney until M
Here is a sample of the fairy-tale castles from the collection. I live close to the Piru Castle just north of Los Angeles! This Victorian estate has 9 bedrooms, 9 baths, sleeps 20 and has an outdoor pool. They even consider pets!
· Castle of Lisheen (Ireland): A restored 19th-century castle is located in central Ireland in County Tipperary, making it an ideal location to access many of the historic sites of Ireland on a day trip basis. $66 per person, per night.
· Pavillon du Chateau de Tocqueville (France): The Pavillon du Chateau de Tocqueville is the former home to 19th-century French diplomat Alexis de Tocqueville; its five bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms overlook the surrounding gardens and lakes. $68 per person, per night.
· California Castle (US): The Piru Castle is north of Los Angeles, on 10 acres nestled between two canyons. This historic landmark offers accommodations for up to 20 people. $25 per person, per night.
· Castle Wasserburg (Austria): The romantic moated castle is near Vienna and the Danube landscape of Wachau, which is famous for its vineyards, monastery, castles and small old villages and perfect sightseeing tours. $100 per person, per night.
· Castle Sédaiges (France): Dating back to the Middle Ages, this castle has remained in the same family and has many of its original furnishings, such as tapestries by King Louis XVI. $41 per person, per night
For the entire list, visit CastleCollection and take that storybook tale and create your own magical moments. Make sure to enter the HomeAway Contest. Your friends and family will be pining to be on your guest list.
Get Social With HomeAway