The hello sanrio brand was first launched at their booth at San Diego Comic-Con International, July 21-24, 2016. hello sanrio is an innovative new lifestyle brand that offers an immersive world uniting multiple characters and fans through unique products and digital content.
Lively graphics, patterns and prints highlight the hello sanrio collection, which feature Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Chococat, Badtz-Maru, My Melody, Pompompurin, Gudetama, Little Twin Stars, and Pochacco with additional Sanrio characters slated to join the world of hello sanrio in the future.
L.A. based artist and Youtube phenom That Poppy is the face of the new collection. In the vibrant digital look book, Poppy showcases the colorful capsule collection alongside the hello sanrio characters. Poppy will be making appearances at launch events for the new brand; dates and times to be announced soon. Sanrio has also collaborated with UK-based design duo TADO to create digital shorts that showcase the characters and explore the colorful hello sanrio world.
The collection includes fashion apparel, lifestyle accessories and signature Sanrio items and will launch November 18 at select Sanrio stores nationwide, followed by the rollout of additional hello sanrio products through the Holiday season.
The hello sanrio collection features t-shirts, key rings, notebooks, clip-on plush and cushions along with cobranded items from partners including:
• Loot Crate – The first Loot Crate + Sanrio “small gift” Mystery Gift Crate Subscription is now available. The crate includes exclusive collectibles, apparel, accessories, and more themed around hello sanrio. Orders must be placed by November 30 to arrive before Christmas. You can place your orders at Loot Crate here.
• McDonald’s – The hello sanrio Happy Meal promotion launches at participating McDonald’s locations in the U.S. and Canada on November 22 and will run through December 19, or while supplies last. The collection includes eight different hello sanrio characters, each with their very own themed environment..
• Lakai Footwear – Long known for their footwear designed for skaters of all ages, Lakai has created a collection of lace-up men’s skate shoes and apparel. Available at Zumiez stores starting November 18; as well as at sanrio.com and select Sanrio stores in early December.
• Girl Skateboards – Torrance-based skate brand has designed a series of four collectible hello sanrio skate decks, tees and hoodies. Available at Zumiez stores starting November 18; and at sanrio.com and select Sanrio stores in early December.
• JapanLA – The pop-culture retailer has designed a capsule collection of contemporary sportswear including a superchic bomber jacket, sweaters and leggings. Available at the JapanLA store on Melrose Ave. in Los Angeles; as well as at sanrio.com and select Sanrio stores.
• Jujube – A limited edition offering of signature Jujube bags is the perfect addition to the Jujube for Sanrio collection; designed to be the chicest set of diaper bags around. Available at ju-jube.com.
• Loungefly – This offering includes some of the cutest accessories including bags in multiple shapes & sizes, wallets and coin bags. Available at sanrio.com and select Sanrio stores in early December.
• BoxLunch Events: Starting December 10, hello sanrio will make its debut at BoxLunch retail stores throughout the U.S. The specialty store features a curated collection of pop culture-themed apparel, accessories, home & gift items and will carry select items within the hello sanrio collection. To celebrate the launch, Sanrio & BoxLunch will host an in-store event at the Powell Street pop-up store in San Francisco, on Friday, December 9 and Saturday, December 10. The event will include a first look at the ‘kawaii’ collection, as well as photo opps with a Sanrio character. A designer from Sanrio’s Tokyo headquarters will also be on site to hand draw personalized character artwork for customers with purchases over $150. A second in-store event will take place on Saturday, December 17, at BoxLunch at the Irvine Spectrum Center, in Irvine, CA.