Hello Kitty is touring North America with her first-ever live entertainment show.
Join the festivities with Hello Kitty and her friends: My Melody, Chococat, Kerropi, Dear Daniel, Badtz-Maru, Purin and Little Twin Stars, for some supercute fun, live stage performances, interactive entertainment, fashion, photo opportunities and lots of Sanrio surprises.
The Main Stage features supercute performances by your Sanrio friends:
• Hello! Celebration – Opening musical that welcomes you to the festival.
• Small Gift, Big Smile – Hello Kitty shares small gifts with all her friends.
• Share a Smile Rock the World! – DJ Kerropi ends the party in a dazzling finale.
Have fun in these interactive stage performances:
• Sanrio Super Fun Memory Dance Challenge! (Main Stage)
Get selected for a memory dance off with Dear Daniel and Kerropi.
• My Melody’s Super Sweet Friendship Fashion Show (Rainbow Stage)
Join My Melody on stage. Show off your outfit and strike a pose.
Explore all the activities the Festival has to offer:
• Share a Smile Kiosk – Snap a photo and share it online.
• Hello Kitty Sweet Movie Time Theater – Have a seat and watch some supercute Sanrio animations.
• Badtz-Maru Tattoo Station – Get tattooed, temporarily, with one of your favorite Sanrio friends.
• Face Painting Cart – Find the cart and get your face painted.
• Hello Kitty Paper Play – Fun with origami. Make a bow or folding game.
• Write a Postcard to Hello Kitty – Grab a postcard, write a message and drop it into the mailbox for Hello Kitty.
• Draw Hello Kitty – Draw on the erasable wall in 4 easy steps.
• Penny Press – Make yourself a souvenir from a penny.
• Hello Kitty and Friends Couture Display – Sanrio-inspired fashions on display.
• Power Up – Mobile phone running low? Charge them up at one of these milk stations.
Visit the Friendship Forest:
• Hop over to Donut Pond and say hello to Kerropi.
• Visit Purin’s house, though he might be asleep, and see what he’s dreaming about.
• Pop over to My Melody’s bakery and find something sweet.
• Drop by Badtz-Maru’s garage.
• Check out what’s inside Hello Kitty’s house.
• Join Little Twin Stars in their soft galaxy of stars.
Shop for exclusive festival merchandise at the Sanrio Supercute Shop and pickup a Hello Kitty Spam musubi maker at their booth.
The Hello Kitty Festival is very different from all the other Hello Kitty/Sanrio events that I have been to, like Hello Kitty Con and Sanrio 50th Anniversary Party. This one is focused more on the live stage performances. So there are no games or rides like those previous events. During the breaks in between the performances you can go around to the different interactive zones until the next show begins. But be prepared for some lines that may get long and converge on each other. There are some buttons that you can collect at the festival, but you will have to find out how to get them all. I was only able to get 2 at the VIP Preview Party the night before it actually started.
The tickets are timed into sessions. Each session is about 3 hours long and the event floor is cleared after each session. There are 2 VIP ticket packages that include: special entrance, reserved seating, Hello Kitty Meet and Greet and a few other bonuses.
The show made a stop in Los Angeles at the newly renovated Fabulous Forum on June 12-14. Other stops on the tour schedule:
• San Diego – June 19-21
• Sacramento – June 26-28
• Oakland – July 10-12
• Vancouver – July 17-19
• Seattle – July 24-26
• Portland – July 31 – Aug 2
• Salt Lake City – Aug 7-9
• Las Vegas – Aug 14-16
• Phoenix – Aug 21-23
• Dallas – Aug 28-30
• Oklahoma City – Sept 11-13
• Houston – Sept 18-20
• Austin – Sept 25-27
• Detroit – Oct 23-25
• Philadelphia – Oct 30-Nov 1
More dates and venues are to be scheduled soon for the Supercute Friendship Festival. Visit www.hellokittyfestival.com for updates, information and details. You can also stay connected by downloading the Hello Kitty Events App at Sanrio.com/HelloKittyEventsApp.