Living in LA has lots of perks and one of the most fun has to be holidays at the theme parks. My family loves to see the winter holidays transform our favorite spots around the city. One of our must-see places is Universal Studios Hollywood. Once again Grinchmas returns! Dr. Seuss fans everywhere rejoice!! My family felt like we are being transported to the pages of our favorite Seussical holiday storybook and walking the streets of Whoville.
When you visit Universal Studios, bring your camera and take your family holiday portrait in front of the 60-foot tall Grinchmas tree. You can find it at Universal Plaza in the center of the Park. The Grinchmas festivities runs weekends on December 3-4 and 10-11, and daily from December 16 through January 1, 2017!
Other highlights include:
* Photo opp with the mean one, Mr. Grinch and his dog Max (separate areas). The Grinch is actually not so mean and is willing to pose for photos and a few selfies. He can be found in Universal Plaza.
* The behind-the-scenes Studio Tour is one of the best attractions in the park! Jump on a tram for a ride through Universal’s Hollywood history then get your cameras ready when you make a stop in Whoville. The Grinch, along with the Who’s, will sing and dance to get you in the holiday spirit.
* The Martha May Who-vier and the Who Dolls will take center stage by the “Grinchmas” tree, performing energetic musical sets to usher in the Christmas season in style.
* The Who-liday Singers – a hip boy-band ensemble – will perform nightly a cappella concerts featuring a mix of Christmas favorites and pop rock.
* Who-ville Post Office – Visitors will have a chance to partake in the “Grow Your Heart 3 Sizes” campaign when they share their good deeds on a postcard and mail them to The Grinch. In return, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. and Random House Children’s Books, the publishers of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, will pay it forward by donating a book to a child in need through First Book on behalf of the sender. Also, pick up a scavenger map here. Find all of the items and return the map for a small prize!
* Story Time with Cindy-Lou Who – Cindy-Lou Who and her Who friends will gather with guests of all ages – tall and small – for an engaging storytelling show of Dr. Seuss’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”.
We stayed all day to partake in all of the fun. Bundle up because it does get chilly at night. I suggest stopping at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and warm up with the newest beverage, the hot Butterbeer! Head straight to Three Broomsticks for it. Yum!
The holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood are included in the price of theme park admission. More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.