The Peanuts Gang have definitely made their mark on pop culture. Who doesn’t love that adorable Beagle Snoopy? I personally have fond memories of watching The Peanuts TV specials with my family. Each character has their unique qualities and quirks. Charlie Brown the pessimist, Linus the genius, Lucy was so grumpy. The entire gang of characters compliment each other and their stories never get old. I have to admit that my personal favorite is Snoopy’s sidekick, Woodstock. I really love that scrappy, yellow bird. He’s cute, loyal and a superb whistler. I can’t tell you how many times I doodled him on my school notebooks!
2011 is a special year for the Peanuts. The beloved TV special “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” celebrates its 45th anniversary! Now, that’s impressive. And another cool reason to celebrate the Peanuts this Halloween is that Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Schroeder and Sally will all bear adorable chocolate-milk mustaches! Yep, they will make their first appearance in the National Milk Mustache “got milk?”® Campaign. This campaign encouraging parents to celebrate with the Official Drink of Halloween and treat their little monsters to nutrient-rich, low-fat chocolate milk.
My family and I received a fun Peanuts package containing “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” on DVD! I really love to share my childhood favorites with my daughter. The Peanuts are truly timeless. My daughter anxiously awaited the arrival of the Great Pumpkin and was a bit disappointed BUT she enjoyed the seeing the characters as they trick-or-treated. She did want to know why Charlie Brown had so many holes in his ghost costume! The music is an awesome accompaniment to the storyline and probably as recognizable as the characters themselves. Other favorites in the package we received were the Snoopy sock puppet from Hallmark and the Look and Find: It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown hard covered book by Publishing International. I’m keeping the super soft and cute puppet. My daughter loves the Look and Find book. Illustrated scenes of pumpkins, candy and Halloween decorations keep her focused. I highly recommend this book for Halloween or any day!
Snoopy’s publicist wants to share the Peanuts excitement with you! We have the following prize pack for one reader:
- Snoopy sock puppet from Hallmark Gold Crown Stores
- DVD from Warner Home Video of the beloved TV special, “It’s the Great
- Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”
- One men’s and one kid’s t-shirt from Logotel
- Two books from Publishing International
- One mini-globe from Running Press
- One coloring book and crayons from Dalmation Press
- Assorted candy
Buy IT: Look for these items and other Peanuts products at major retailers in Southern California.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Peanuts prize package. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 10/24/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us who your favorite Peanuts character is AND why! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Snoopy on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a Peanuts Halloween prize pack! via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=17104 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Oct 24, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the prize pack from Snoopy’s PR Firm free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.