Can you believe that the Haunted Mansion is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year? Disneyland kicked off the celebration with two after-hours events that took place overnight on August 7-8 and August 8-9.
The event may have passed, but there are still some ghostly treats to satisfy your ghoulish appetite. You’ll find these new eats and treats in Frontierland, Critter Country and New Orleans Square area. These offerings will be available throughout the Halloween season.
FRONTIERLAND & CRITTER COUNTRY
– Rancho del Zocalo: The Long Forgotten Duelist Tacos – two fry bread tacos featuring grilled fajita beef and braised butter chicken served with Mexican rice and pickled vegetables
– Hunny Spot: Haunted Mansion Crispy Treat – elegantly-dressed churro in a bouquet of vanilla and sugar
– Churro – classic churro dressed in a duo of dark and milk chocolate
HUNGRY BEAR RESTAURANT (Available through Aug. 25, Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
– Dead-cadent Funnel Cake – house funnel cake with a decadent brownie, white chocolate raspberry ice cream and chocolate pearls
– The Caretaker – crispy pork belly seasoned with house spices, layered with BBQ sauce, grilled onions, cheese sauce, house-made pickle, and crispy slaw, and served on a potato roll with french fries
BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT
– We’ve BEAN Dying to MEAT You! – spiced stew of pork sausage, oxtails, and kidney beans with Louisiana popcorn rice
– Dynamite Seafood Hush Puppies – spicy hush puppies with shrimp, tasso ham, corn, Bloody Mary aïoli and greens
– Opera Singer Cake – almond sponge cake with coffee, chocolate ganache, chocolate glaze, coffee buttercream, Chantilly cream and raspberry sauce
– Sarah ‘Sally’ Slater’s Swamp Fries – crawfish étouffée atop sweet potato fries with chorizo, clams, tomatoes, sweet corn and green onion
– Swinging Wake Cake – layered chocolate and vanilla sponge cake with caramel-banana filling, caramel buttercream frosting and a sugar candle
HARBOUR GALLEY (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
– 13th-Hour Brew – iced coffee with vanilla cream
– Ghost Mariner’s Seafood Boil – Cajun buttered shrimp with red potatoes, corn, andouille sausage
– The Wedding Cake – buttercream frosting, cherries and cream cheese filling finished with a splatter of cherry sauce
MINT JULEP BAR (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
– Blackberry Midnight Julep – blackberry, citrus and mint with lychee “moon”
– “Honey… I Do” Beignets (Available through Sept. 5) – sweet beignets topped with honey praline and powdered sugar
ROYAL STREET VERANDA (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
– Pickwick Ghost Punch – fruit and citrus juices with sherbet
– Professor Phineas Plump’s “Cure-All” Fritters – pimento cheese fritters with ghost pepper ranch dressing
RIVER BELLE TERRACE
– Sliders Materialize! – spicy pork belly slider (served on toasted brioche and topped with crisp cabbage slaw and pomegranate vinaigrette) and savory pork belly slider (served on toasted brioche with black pepper bacon mayo, butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a crispy bacon “spike”)
– “Hitchhiking” Ghost Blue Velvet Cake – blue velvet cake with blueberry purée, rice croquette brittle and vanilla-blueberry crisp
Most of the items listed above is available until Halloween, but there a few that are only available for a limited time. All locations and offerings are subject to change.
If you are a Play Disney Parks fan, then you will want to see what Disneyland is doing to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion. Use the Play Disney Parks app and ride the Haunted Mansion attraction during select times of the month and you will have the opportunity to earn new limited-time Haunted Mansion achievements.
– Sarah “Sally” Slater, available August 6-10
– Madame Leota, available August 11-18
– Watchman and his dog, available August 19-24
Collect the entire set and unlock the Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary achievement
For more information on these eats, treats and apps, check out disneyparks.disney.go.com.