There are two things I love in life. The first is seeing my kids happy. Nothing makes me happier or more fulfilled as a mom than seeing my kids’ faces light up when they are truly happy about something. My second love? Target. Seriously. I love Target. We make weekly trips to “the popcorn store” (as Jack refers to it). I love the one-stop shopping that Target provides. I can get groceries, toys for the boys, floor mats for my car, sunscreen, and a garden hose all in one place. How great is that?
When I got the opportunity to try out a program that fuses my two loves, I was happy to oblige! Pull-Ups training pants and Target have teamed up to help all of us moms out there in the dreaded process of potty training. They’ve come up with a great concept to get your little ones motivated and excited about using the potty.
The first step is to check out Pull-Ups and get your child excited about using the potty. Pull-Ups feature some of the most beloved Disney characters on them, including the Princesses and Lightning McQueen. They offer your child the look of “big kid” undies, with the reassurance of an absorbent layer that will keep them dry should an accident happen. They come in different varieties, including those with designs that fade when wet, get cold when wet, or offer extra protection at nighttime. Not only are they a great tool to use while potty training, but their website offers great tips and incentives to help you along the way.
Now, this is where the partnership with Target comes into play. How would your child like to receive an encouraging phone call from the very character featured on their Pull-Ups (at no cost to you)?
Here’s how you make that happen. First, when it’s time for your weekly trip to your friendly neighborhood Target (I know I’m not alone here…we ALL love Target, right?), be sure to include Pull-Ups on your must-get list. Second, get your little one excited about the potty training process and let them choose some Pull-Ups featuring their favorite character. (In this house, with two boys, it’s most definitely Lightning McQueen.) Last, when you get home from your Target excursion, head on over to http://www.bigkidcalls.com. On this website with a few clicks of the mouse, you can schedule a “Disney Character Calls” to your little potty trainer from either Cinderella or one of Lightning McQueen’s pit crew, congratulating them on their potty success and encouraging them to keep training. Your little one will be thrilled when they receive a call from a beloved Princess or Lightning’s buddy.
I used Pull-Ups while training Jack. They worked great and he was potty trained in a matter of days. I definitely plan on using them when I work on potty training Nate, which will be happening all too soon. I set up one of the phone calls and let Jack listen. He was excited to be getting a call from Lightning’s race crew and was thrilled that they were excited about his potty training progress (even though he’s been trained for well over a year now). At 20 months, Nate is just starting to understand what the potty is used for and is still a bit too young to understand the call, but he gets excited about anything that Jack gets excited about, so it was a win-win. They both had big goofy grins on their faces while listening to their phone call. Like I said, nothing makes me happier than seeing them happy!
If you’re in the process of potty training, I highly recommend you head over to Target and pick up some Pull-Ups. Once you’ve begun the process, set up one of these phone calls for your child. They will love the encouragement…and let’s face it, anything that helps with potty training is awesome!
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter tell us what potty training obstacles you face or share a tip to help other readers who are facing this daunting task! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Huggies Pull-ups on Facebook
- Follow Huggies on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a $25 Target GC from @Huggies Pull-Ups and @Target via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=13888 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on July 12, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a $20 Target gift card to sample product. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.