I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. It’s a mousy light brown color that I don’t exactly love. But that’s easy enough to fix with some professionally placed highlights. The thing that I can’t change about my hair is the texture. For lack of a better word, it’s slippery. It will not hold a curl without an obscene amount of extra-super-duper hold hairspray. It is stick-straight and…slippery.
Yes, this isn’t really a problem. But it becomes really annoying while I try to get a good workout in. My hair constantly slips out of the most sticky of no-slip rubber bands. Do you know how hard it is to try to redo a ponytail while running? I also have bangs that are constantly in my face while I run. I’ve tried pinning them back and that works fine, it just doesn’t look very cute. I’ve tried headbands, but they slip right off.
I learned about Bondi Bands one day while reading runner’s blog that I follow. I decided to check them out. Their motto is “Where fashion meets function”. Bondi Bands are created to be a no-slip and no-drip solution to keep hair out of your face while exercising or just running errands. They come in variety of colors, with great patterns or sayings on them (I particularly love “I run like a girl”). The fashion bands are made of lycra while the exercise bands are made of a wicking material. They are a made with stretchy, breathable fabrics that allow them to fit everyone.
I was lucky enough to try out a Bondi Band for myself. I chose the black with silver stars in wicking material. I tried my Bondi Band for the first time today on a run. I am so impressed with it! This is the first headband to stay on my head….ever. It also wicked away sweat while I ran, which was great. It was comfortable and cute to wear and will be a new fixture in my running attire! You can see what my Bondi Band looks like in this picture (just excuse the messy hair and pale winter skin!).
Another thing I love about Bondi Bands is the company itself. Their products are proudly made in the USA and every year they give 10% of their pretax profits to charity. Not only do they provide a quality, inventive product, they are socially conscious! Bondi Bands also make hats, swim caps, neck gators, towels, and scarves for dogs (too cute).
You can check out Bondi Bands for yourself at http://www.bondiband.com. Bondi Bands retail for only $8.00 each!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Bondi Band of your choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 3/19/12.(CLOSED)
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.bondiband.com/ and tell us style you would choose if you won. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Bondi Band on Facebook
- Follow Bondi Band on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway, come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (Copy – Enter to #win a Bondi Band! They are no slip, no drip athletic head wear via @thatsitmommy @bondiband http://ow.ly/9uGBd #fitness) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day);
*This giveaway will run through midnight on March 19, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a Bondi Band free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.