Sadly, we live thousands of miles away from many family members. However, the Holidays are the perfect time to reunite with them! We usually stay with family but sometimes staying in a nearby hotel is the best option for everyone involved. We don’t have to burden anyone, cause any stress when my daughter is throwing a tantrum. Plus, staying in a hotel give us more of that “getaway” feel. Embassy Suites Hotels is kicking off their holiday campaign, More Good Company and has partnered with Nate Dern of the Upright Citizens Brigade. Together they are spreading the word that holiday travel can be stress-free by allowing space for hosts and guests.
Starting November 11 Embassy Suites and Nate are hitting the road and sharing tips on how guests can be good holiday company this season. Nate is traveling across the country from New York City to Denver to visit his parents for Thanksgiving. What a road trip! Stops along his journey will include Washington D.C., Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis to spend an evening with a family in their home and bestow his good guest know-how on them — including one of the most important “good company” tips of all, that staying at a hotel is the key to happy, stress-free holidays.
Nate shares more tips below.
· Tip #1: Bring a hostess gift. Don’t dare arrive empty handed!
· Tip #2: Follow your host’s lead. Not everyone texts their way through dinner, so adapt to your surroundings.
· Tip #3: Lend a helping hand. Well don’t just sit there, make yourself useful.
· Tip #4: Opt for a hotel, and eliminate the stress of a full house. Sometimes you just need to take a breather – thank you, spacious two-room
suite hotel room.
· Tip #5: Send a hand-written thank you note. It’s as simple as, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
My hostess tip is to make sure that you have enough food! I’ve been in the situation where I’ve run out of appetizers! How embarrassing! You can always send food home with your guests but I am a big fan of left-overs.
And I have a tip for guests! Make sure you RSVP in a timely manner! Planning a party can be difficult with a bunch of maybes or last minute responses!
– That’s IT Mom, Tee
The conversation will extend to Embassy Suites’ Facebook page and Twitter, with video content, tips and prizes for people who see Nate on the road. If your readers spot Nate and his Embassy Suites-branded vehicle and tweet a picture using #MoreGoodCompany, they’ll be entered for a chance to win a free night stay at any Embassy Suites Hotel in the Americas. Five winners will be selected, one for each of the cities Nate visits.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a certificate that will be good for one night at any Embassy Suites Hotel! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/23/12 midnight EST.
Embassy Suite Hotels photo gallery:
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this post. Tee received will receive a gift certificate for a one night stay to experience EST. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.