Available on DVD from SISU Home Entertainment
Can You Tell Me How to Get to the Land of Israel?
All-New 12 Episodes ‘Shalom Sesame’ DVD Series
Features New Stars, Stories & Celebrations
Initial Titles in the Launch
-Welcome to Israel
-Chanukah: The Missing Menorah
Our family loves Sesame Street. It’s pretty cool when we recognize familiar locations around NYC during the show. Elmo plays in the same playground we go to in Central Park! I jumped at the chance to introduce my kids to a Sesame series of DVDs that broadens their horizons and shows them how kids live, speak and play in other parts of the world – in this case it’s Isreal.
Launched this month, Shalom Sesame is an “edu-taining” new series from the creators of Sesame Street featuring American and Isreali celebrities, including Debra Messing, Achinoam Nini, Mira Awad, Jake Gyllenhaal, Christina Applegate and Greg Kinnear. The 12-part DVD series was co-produced by Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, and Isreal’s Channel HOP! Each 30 minute, live-action and animated DVD will focus on storylines drawn from Jewish cultural traditions, highlighting lessons on Hebrew letters and words, unique sites in Isreal and Jewish values.
Initial titles in the launch include “Welcome to Isreal” and “Chanukah: The Missing Menorah” – future titles will be released beginning January 2011.
Synopsis of “Welcome to Isreal” : Grover and Anneliese van der Pol (That’s So Raven, Broadway’s Beauty & the Beast) go to Isreal. Join your favorite blue monster and his new pal as they begin to explore this beautiful land. It’s an adventure they’ll never forget – full of fun, friends and flying falafel! Guest appearance by Christina Applegate.
Synopsis of “The Missing Menorah” : It’s time to celebrate Chanukah in Isreal. Grover is bringing the latkes and all is well until Anneliese gets caught in a game of tag with a chicken and loses her special menorah. Can her friends find the missing menorah in time? Guest appearance by Debi Mazar.
My children have seen each episode a half dozen times and are ready to watch them again. My daughter has requested a pink dreidel for herself, and a blue one for her brother. I really like that they are being introduced to new words and traditions. Perhaps we’ll have to order some potato pancakes from the deli down the street for the next viewing.
That’s IT Mommy friend, Jill
Bonus extras on each DVD include “Grover’s Monster Music Videos,” option for English sub-titles and sneak peeks at all 12 titles in the series. Shalom Sesame DVDs will be available for a suggested retail price of $14.95 each. To order, call 1-800-223-7478 or visit http://www.sisuent.com
GIVEAWAY: Win titles
-Welcome to Israel
– Chanukah: The Missing Menorah
MAIN ENTRY – What do you like about Sesame Street? (leave your comment in the comment box below this post).
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Sign up for SISU Home Entertainment’s Newsletter (leave 3 separate comments, #1, #2, #3). Look for their newsletter sign up at the right hand side of their site.
- Subscribe to our email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on one of our non-giveaway posts (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to win Shalom Sesame DVDs via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=7219) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on November 6, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before November 6, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a copy of the DVDs to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.