AN AWE-INSPIRING ADVENTURE PROFILING TWO INCREDIBLE FAMILIES AS THEY TRY TO SURVIVE IN THE WILDEST PLACE ON EARTH
Available NOW on Disney Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD Combo Pack, Movie Download, and On-Demand
2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack =$39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada
High Definition Movie Download = $39.99 U.S./ $46.99 Canada
On-Demand = For additional information and pricing, please contact your television provider or favorite digital retailer. Bonus features are not offered with On-Demand.
Feature Run Time: Approximately 89 minutes
I’ve always loved nature shows. When I heard Disney had created a new series of nature shows, I definitely wanted to check it out. The start of this movie begins with uplifting music and the promise of a story of mothers prevailing under dire circumstances. There was hunting, loss, and triumph-all presented in a remarkably non-threatening way. It’s just natural! I was worried when the big cats would attack their prey and that it would bother Kieran, my 4 year old. But, despite her general inquisitive nature, she never questioned those moments and was very wrapped into the storyline. The soundtrack added so much to the story, creating further suspense and drama. Kieran was very attached to the cheetah and lion cubs (she loves babies!), and I could tell she really enjoyed this film (we’ve watched at least half a dozen times already!).
AFRICAN CATS takes viewers deep into the breathtaking African savanna to witness the heart-stopping rivalry between two lion prides and the epic journey of one brave cheetah family. Shot over the course of two and half years using state-of-the-art camera equipment, AFRICAN CATS captures the awe-inspiring beauty of one of the wildest places on Earth as it tells the dramatic and often intimate stories of Mara, an endearing lion club who strives to grow up with her mother’s strength, spirit and wisdom; Sita, a fearless cheetah and single mother of five mischievous newborns; and Fang, a proud leader of the pride who must defend his family from a rival lion clan.
Disneynature will be contributing a portion of its home entertainment sales through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund to the “See AFRICAN CATS, Save the Savanna” effort – an initiative developed between Disneynature and the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) toprotect lions, cheetah, elephants, zebra, giraffe and a host other species in Africa. For more information on this release, please visit www.DisneyNature.com/AfricanCats.
· Disney & Nature – Viewers get a deeper look into the conservation efforts around the world being sponsored by The Walt Disney Company.
· Save The Savanna – A comprehensive look at Disney’s “See AFRICAN CATS, Save the Savanna” program and its impact on the region.
Everything on the DVD, plus…
· Filmmaker Annotations – This interactive in-movie feature is a viewing mode with 12 different segments that allows consumers to watch behind-the-scenes footage of the production process and hear stories from the filmmakers and conservationists who spent several years making the film.
· Jordin Sparks “The World I Knew” Music Video
Everything on the DVD, plus…
· Introduction To Masai Mara – a segment from the Filmmakers Annotations Blu-ray feature
· Filming The Cats – a segment from the Filmmakers Annotations Blu-ray feature
· Sophie’s Elephants – a segment from the Filmmakers Annotations Blu-ray feature
View exciting trailers, video clips and more at www.youtube.com/DisneyMovies
Disneynature, the first new Disney-branded film label from The Walt Disney Studios in more than 60 years, was launched in April 2008 to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to share a wide variety of wildlife subjects and stories with theatrical audiences. “Earth” (opening Earth Day 2009) was the first film to premiere domestically under the new label, and garnered a record-breaking opening weekend for a nature documentary. Its “Buy a Ticket, Plant a Tree” initiative led to the planting of three million trees in Brazil’s Atlantic Forest. Hitting theaters on April 22, 2010, “Oceans” was the third highest grossing feature-length nature film in history. Its “See ‘Oceans,’ Save Oceans” initiative helped establish 40,000 acres of marine protected area in The Bahamas, preserving essential coral reefs. Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife documentary filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1949 and 1960, which earned eight Academy Awards®.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive an AFRICAN CATS DVD from Disney Nature. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 10/27/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Disney Nature and tell us which featured ‘character’ you can’t wait to find more about. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like DisneyNature on Facebook
- Follow DisneyNature on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a @DisneyNature African Cats DVD via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=17319 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on October 27, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received an African CATS Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack from Walt Disney Home Entertainment free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.