The Disney Store announces all-new collections and Limited Edition sets to launch at this year’s D23 EXPO at the Anaheim Convention Center, August 14-16.
Within the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion, attendees will get a first look at collections making their debut at the event with new items celebrating everyone’s favorite characters to be unveiled each day throughout the weekend.
Highlights of the collections include:
- Disney Fairytale Designer Collection – Five sets of Limited Edition pairs of collector doll sets of fairytale friends and foes, designed and carefully crafted by Disney Store artists.
They will be first available at D23 EXPO. Guest can pre-purchase the complete set of five Hero/Villian pairs prior to the general public pre-sale beginning online, Monday, September 14.Following the preview at D23 EXPO, the doll sets will be released and available for purchase in stores and online starting September 29, with a new pair released each week. Each set is limited to an edition of 6,000 globally and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The line will expand into a collection of apparel, mugs, journals, home décor and more, available to the general public in stores and online on September 14.
- Once Upon a Time – Exclusively available at D23 EXPO, Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection. Limited to an edition of 300 and inspired by the ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time.
Guests who purchase the doll set at D23 EXPO, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the EXPOEXPO floor from 4-4:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. Following the signing will be the Once Upon a Time panel taking place in Stage 23 from 6-7 p.m.
- Star Wars – Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at the EXPO on on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series. This new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The figures will be available at Disney Store locations later this year, but attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite figures, including D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.Disney Store will also introduce Star Wars Legion Helmets, a series of eight vinyl collectible helmets inspired by the Star Wars Legion Helmet Project launched in early 2014. The project resulted in 300 stormtrooper helmets being transformed into diverse pieces of art by artists from across The Walt Disney Company.
- Toy Story 20th Anniversary – In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story, Disney Store gleaned art from the adored film’s archives to illustrate the evolution of the beloved characters, Buzz and Woody. Featuring toys, collectibles, apparel and more, this collection will be released at the Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14.
- Disney Tsum Tsum – Everyone’s favorite stackable plush will unveil an all-new collection at D23 EXPO, with one releasing each day in limited quantities in mini, medium and large sizes. In addition, exclusive D23 EXPO, limited-edition mini box series will be released along with each collection, and a Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum mini vinyl figure will be available for $5 with any purchase, while supplies last.
- Disney Store’s Disney 3D Print Studio – Launching at D23 EXPO, the 3D Print Studio offers fans the chance to personalize figures, including Marvel’s Iron Man, with their likeness through the use of facial-scanning kiosks. The figures ordered at the event will feature packaging unique to D23 EXPO.
In an effort to minimize wait times for guests at the Disney Store shop, D23 is introducing StorePass at select D23 EXPO shopping locations, including the Disney Store shop. This new ticket feature will be available starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 14. StorePass quantities are limited and available while supplies last. The StorePass desk is located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A.
• Hallmark will have two D23 EXPO exclusives available:
The Band Concert – Based on a Keepsake Ornament produced in 2013, this version sports a black-and-white paint scheme for Mickey Mouse and friends, and features light, sound and motion, This event-exclusive ornament celerates the 80th anniversary of the short film’s release.
Cinderella and Prince Charming – This two-pack of itty bittys are dressed in their finest wedding attire and celebrates the 65th anniversary of Disney’s classic animated feature film of the fairy tale.
D23 EXPO 2015 is the Ultimate Disney Fan Event, held at the Anaheim Convention Center on August 14-16. It brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping and more.
In addition to all things Disney, the D23 EXPO will also feature Star Wars and Marvel presentations, which may preview scenes from Captain America: Civil War and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
D23 EXPO 2015 tickets are $74 for a one-day adult admission and $54 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $65 for a one-day adult admission and $48 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available. D23 Members can save as much as $112 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and pricing structure, visit D23EXPO.com.
What Disney Store Exclusives are you excited for?