Model-turned entrepreneur Courtney Sixx, wife of Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue co-founder/bassist) and stepmother to three, created a one-stop shop and budget-friendly brand for the girl-on-the-go called “How2Girl.” Offering tips, and ideas on projects to spruce up your home, her two-minute segments were so engaging and popular on Ryan Seacrest’s 102.7 KISS-FM morning show, that she obtained her own show on iHeart Radio. You’ll find fantastic advice for those not so handy with hammers, glue guns and power drills. Tune in to iHeart Radio, read her How2Girl Blog on www.courtneysixx.com and ww
What kind of homemade salve do you recommend for scraped knees? Kids get hurt, etc…
What’s an easy dish you make with kids?
DIY popsicles with edible flowers inside them. I love http://www.
How do you entertain on a budget?
I dress up simple and inexpensive things with flowers, fruit and pretty trims. For example, to dress up a store bought cake I will decorate with raspberries and strawberries and a tiny bit of powdered sugar. If it’s a birthday cake I would dress up the numbered candles with glitter glue and rhinestones to add a little extra sparkle.
What’s an easy kid’s craft for gift giving?
Create a ruler frame for teachers. Take two rulers and cut them in half at a 45 degree angles using measurements from whatever frame you want to cover. Adhere to the frame using a hot glue gun or Elmer’s glue.
“5 – Minute Makeover tips”. What’s your go-to makeup product? What do you focus on eyes or lips?
1. Pop velcro rollers in your hair while getting ready. Mist with hair spray. Leave in while driving. Take out when you get to your destination, flip your head over and brush out. You will have bombshell hair without hardly any time at all!
2. Plump up your lips with a scrub made of brown sugar and honey. Not only does this promote collagen it is a fabulous exfoliant too.
3. Get longer looking lashes instantly by heating up your eyelash curler with a blow dryer for about 5 seconds before curling.
4. Use a touch of white eyeliner in the corner of your eyes to make them really pop. I love Benefit.
5. Want to bring out the true color of your eyes? Google a color wheel. Find your eye color. Directly across the wheel opposite to your color will be the shade of eye shadow you should use to make your eyes look fierce.
My go to makeup product is Whirl lip liner by Mac with Lip Venom lip gloss. This color makes your lips look defined yet natural and the Lip Venom gives you a nice pout.
I always focus on my lips during the day because I don’t like heavy eye makeup when the sun is out. At night I will do a nude lip and smokey eyes.
How do you keep costs when doing a craft? What supplies are absolutely necessary?
Courtney: I always find a lot of the essential supplies I need like glue, scissors and cooking goods and supplies at the Dollar Store or the 99 cent store. I can’t live without my hot glue gun and fabric scissors.