NBC and Telemundo want help to
Clear the Shelters and find people to adopt pets.
NBC and Telemundo owned stations are working in a pet adoption campaign from Aug. 1 to 31. The month long Adopt & Donate effort will be conducted online to maintain safe social distance practices. Adoptions and donations will be accepted online with participating shelters and rescues.
NBC and Telemundo owned stations are in their sixth consecutive year participating in the pet adoption program available to communities nationwide. The Clear the Shelters program has helped more than 410,000 pets find new homes since 2015.
Visit CleartheShelters.com for more information and to find a location near you.
“As communities all across the country continue to practice social distancing, this year’s Clear The Shelters campaign will allow individuals to find their perfect pet through virtual platforms. Our partners WeRescue and 24PetWatch have great web and online tools that make it easy to find a pet and navigate the pet adoption process with shelters,” said Valari Staab, President, NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations. “If adopting a pet is not possible right now, our partners at GreaterGood.org have a great website where anyone can donate to shelters/rescues to help them continue their great work. We are excited for our NBC and Telemundo stations to present another memorable Clear The Shelters campaign this August.”
This year’s Adopt & Donate program features returning partners WeRescue and GreaterGood.org. New partner 24PetWatch joins the campaign. WeRescue has an iOS app that helps users locate adoptable pets in nearby ZIP codes, submit pet adoption applications and ask questions directly to shelters. Donations to shelters and rescues can be made through the GreaterGood.org site at ClearTheSheltersFund.org. The 24PetWatch site provides a list of participating shelters and adoptable pets with contact links.
“From the beginning, the goal of the WeRescue app has been to help more people rescue the love of their lives at a nearby pet shelter,” said Mark Wade, Founder and CEO, WeRescue. “The app does this by making available over 70 filters to allow adopters to be very specific about the pet which will match their lifestyle. We are thrilled to once again partner with NBC and Telemundo owned stations for their month-long Clear The Shelters event, to make it easy for anyone to browse the pet listings in our app, pre-apply with a shelter before their visit, and find the right pet for them.”
Liz Baker, the CEO for GreaterGood.org, said the organization is proud to partner with NBC and Telemundo owned stations to help homeless pets find loving homes.
“This year’s Adopt & Donate focus will give animal welfare advocates the tools they need to save lives in two ways – by adopting a new furry family member, and by financially supporting animal shelters who need help now more than ever,” she said.
Michelle Cole, 24PetWatch Chief Sales and Marketing Officer added, “We are proud to do our part to help shelters bring pet families together, in-person or virtually.”
LA Animal Services is one of the organizations who is participating in Clear the Shelters.
If you would like to adopt a pet from LA Animal Services, please follow these steps:
● Visit http://www.laanimalservices.com/adopt/ and identify an animal you would like to adopt.
● Call 888-452-7381 with the Animal ID number or A# (example: A1234567).
● LA Animal Services will share all the information available on that animal.
● If you’re interested in moving forward with the adoption, LA Animal Services will take your information and complete the adoption paperwork by phone.
● LA Animal Services will schedule a pick-up appointment.
● During the appointment, staff will introduce you to your selected animal.
● Please be advised that due to City order in response to COVID-19, no more than 10 people are permitted in our facility at a time.
● To comply with social distancing requirements, we will be scheduling appointments daily at our four LA Animal Services Centers from 11am to 4pm. Due to the pandemic, our LA Animal Services Centers are open by appointment only.
Follow the effort on Twitter @ClearTheShelter, and on social media using the hashtags #ClearTheShelters and #DesocuparLosAlbergues.