I took a tour of Polaroid’s booth at the 2017 CES. They a pretty cool line up of products coming to the US market later this year.
• Polaroid Pop Instant Digital Camera. What was once old is new again. The instant camera of the past is brought into the present with a modern and sleek look. It uses the same ZINK printing technology to print 3″x4″ photos with the classic Polaroid border. Has a LCD touch screen and can be used as a wireless printer for your smartphone and tablet using the companion app. Available in late 2017.
• Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Digital Camera. Has a 3.5″ LCD touchscreen, 13MP Bluetooth-enabled with 1080p full HD video recording capabilities. The Snap Touch will allow users to connect and print from other devices such as smartphones and tablets using the companion app. These are available now.
• Polaroid DRW101 3D Pen. What can you build with this pen? Anything you can imagine. Originally created to be used to touch-up 3D printed objects. It uses 1.75mm low temperature filament, lightweight and easy to use. Available in 4 colors in Spring 2017.
There were some sample designs on display, as well as, one of the staff doing a demo using the Pen. Start off with a frame of the structure, then fill in the open areas.
• Polaroid PLN1 3D Printer. This is a 3D printer that is for an entry-level user and good for families. Uses PLA and ABS 1.75mm filament. Has the ability to change filament colors during printing. The look and design are inspired by the Polaroid line of products. Available in 4 colors in Summer 2017.
• Polaroid Hoop Home Security Camera. Easy to install in minutes. Uses battery or plug-in power. 1080p HD video. Compatible with popular smart home systems. 2 way audio, IR night vision and custom zones. Available Spring 2017.
• Polaroid SW1505 Smartwatch. The Smartwatch has a sleek and modern design. Syncs with smartphone for call and SMS message reminder, call log, phone book, camera, music control. Integrated fitness tracker, sleep monitoring and pedometer. Available in 2 colors Spring 2017.
I checked out their partner company, C+A Global, right after my booth tour. They are the company behind the Zero Ink Technology, ZINK. They had a booth adjacent to Polaroid with a bunch of new products that have a very affordable price point.
• LyxPro HAS-30 Recording Headphones and SPA-32 BAT 12″ PA Speaker
• Vokai Labs 1″ Digital Flat Iron, Hair Dryer, Curlers and 1″ Titanium Clip Iron
• Ivation Sous Vide Precision Cooker, 9-Quart Water Oven, Food Dehydrator and Pro3 Portable Rechargeable Smart DLP Projector
They just announced their partnership with Gold’s Gym which includes Horizontal Slow Juicer, Smart BMI Body Scale, Smart Nutrition Food Scale, Personal and Individual Blender.
There are also portable ZINK printers for HP, LG and iPhone.