Of all the press conferences I attended on Press Day that day, I think LG’s was the one I was most excited about. Especially after seeing their robots appear on stage. I was really glad that I had a booth tour of LG during CES 2017 to get a better look at what they had presented on stage and more.
New LG Products
• LG Signature OLED W. This 77″ television is so thin, it is only 2.57mm in thickness. Pair it with the new Soundbar and you have the perfect media center setup.
• LG Smart Instaview Door-In-Door Refrigerator. Has some new features that include webOS, Panorama View, Smart Tag – Fresh Tracker, Memo, access to recipes and integration with Amazon Alexa. You can have Alexa purchase your groceries without going to the supermarket.
• LG Airbot. Look for these airport assistants to appear in the Incheon Airport in South Korea next month. They can not only assist you with your boarding tickets but also guide you to your destination.
• LG Airport Cleaner. Another robot you can expect to see working beside the Airbot is the Airport Cleaner. This robot was a bit bigger than I thought it would be.
• LG Hub Bot and Mini. These are the robots I was looking for… and I really want one. The Hub Bot is just so cute and expressive with it’s blue eyes. It reminds of Eve from Wall-E. The Hub Bot is your personal assistant and the center of the Connected Smart Home. The Mini can be placed into other parts of the home or rooms, but the Hub Bot is the central bot. It can also control the other robots, such as instructing the Lawnmower Robot to mow the lawn.
During my booth tour, my guide introduced me to a few other LG products that were not announced during the press conference on Press Day.
• LG Levitating Portable Speaker. This is an interesting looking speaker. The small portable speaker magnetically floats above the sub-woofer base. The speaker can also be magnetically attached to a metal surface.
• LG Curved Ultra Wide Monitor. The display on this monitor is very nice. It has nice color and detail.
• LG Gram. The monitor is a little over 15″ and only weighs in at a couple of pounds.
• LG Tone Free. Wireless earbuds that can connect to the curved holder/recharger, that can be worn around the neck.
• LG Wearable Personal Speaker. Similar looking in design to the LG Tone Free, these portable speakers can be worn around the neck.
• LG Rolly Keyboard 2. A fully keyboard that can be rolled up for easy travel. Can be used with a tablet or mobile device. Connect the LG Wireless Mouse and you have mini office space.
It was announced during the press conference that LG and Technicolor would be continuing their very successful partnership. They will be introducing LG Super UHDTV in their next generation models.
The LG booth had this really cool tunnel display using LG’s curved, 55″ 4K televisions. It is pretty amazing and there are even moments when you feel like you are actually moving. Here is some video I shot of the tunnel.
For more information on all the products mentioned here, visit www.lg.com.