Students today have replaced pen and paper with computers and the addition of Microsoft Office equips every computer with the tools and features essential for success. From learning the ABC’s with a PowerPoint slideshow to capturing college lecture notes in OneNote, Microsoft Office plays a key role in every stage of our lives and has been doing so for more than 25 years. Maybe you already have Office, but haven’t unlocked all that’s possible, or the addition of Office would come to your household’s rescue─ make work great this year with Office for Mac or PC and keep these 10 tips and tricks handy!
Tips and Tricks
- Show your readers! Embed PowerPoint and Excel documents into your blog with just a few easy steps. Share top 10 lists or how to’s via an embedded PowerPoint 2010 or PowerPoint for Mac 2011 photo slide show in the school newsletter blog.
- Capture and organize all your class notes in one place with Microsoft OneNote 2010. You can even insert audio clips, videos, screenshots, conversations or emails from classmates.
- Add quick edits to photos in Word and PowerPoint in both Office 2010 and Office for Mac 2011. Also edit audio and format videos in PowerPoint. No special photo editing programs needed here.
- Can’t focus on your term paper with emails and IMs popping up? Maximize your on-screen space in Word 2011for Mac with Full Screen View, letting you focus on your reading and writing while blocking out all other windows and menus.
- Share ideas and information via the Broadcast Slide Show feature in PowerPoint 2010, as part of your group presentation, so classmates can view the content at the same time.
- Create your own custom OneNote notebook for your next 30-page biology paper with Microsoft OneNote 2010. You can see firsthand the benefits of having your research, notes, bibliography information and ideas in one easy-to-view location.
- Help your year book committee manage the budget with Microsoft Excel 2010 and Excel for Mac 2011 and on-the-go with Excel Mobile 2010 on your Windows Phone 7.
- Last minute changes to a newsletter or PowerPoint slide are easier than ever with the Reorder Objects tool in Office 2011 for Mac. Rearrange your pictures and graphics with a couple simple clicks, rather than taking apart the whole document.
- Make sure your squad hits their fundraising goals! Use Microsoft Excel 2010 to keep track of how much money you have raised at each event and use the charting and graphing features to illustrate great results.
- Use Microsoft Word 2010 for more than just your standard book report. Take advantage of the photo tools and free templates to create posters and flyers that pop.
For more information about these tips and other time-saving tricks check out www.office.com.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive a free trial of Office for Mac 2011 for review purposes. The tips were provided by Microsoft’s PR and we wanted to share them with our readers. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.