Have you been to the OC Fair this summer? If not, the fair runs until August 15 in Cosa Mesa and your kids will not be bored! There’s too much to do. We arrived around 11 AM and our first stop was the Centennial Farm. Teagan noticed the barn and hoped that there would be animals around! We stopped and visited with many of the new baby cows, chickens, and the highlight…piglets! We were some of the first visitors that got to meet the newest additions born that morning!! Awww!
- Visual arts gallery-Teagan watched a painter paint a portrait of live model. I loved viewing the photography exhibits and the food as art exhibits. Check out the OC Fair bread sculpture. Way too intricate and pretty to eat!
- Kidland was a hit for Teagan. She was able to ride all of the rides by herself! All rides are suitable for kids 36” +. We were having a proud mommy and daddy moment while we watched her on the roller coaster and I have a feeling that Teagan is going to be a thrill seeker. She actually loved the giant Euroslide and slid all the way down with daddy and a big smile across her face
- Fun zone offers hands-on activities and crafts, live entertainment and a huge sand pit! What kid can resist playing in a huge sand box?
- Plenty of foods to eat so don’t count your calories at this fair. There are too many goodies to sample! I actually tried the deep fried Klondike bar. It wound up being too rich for me but my husband gladly finished up the dough. We could not believe they actually serve up deep fried butter and chocolate covered bacon! Looked like the corn on the cob was a huge hit and of course my hubby had to have a BBQ sandwich.
- The Hangar had some entertainment and we bopped our head along to some rock n roll.
All the rides, games and food can get pricey for a family but it’s a truly a fun time for everyone. It seemed like the whole park was in a good mood. Remember, you can do as little or as much as you feel. We were there for eight hours and didn’t get to see it all!
The OC Fair has been going strong for 120 years! Make sure to stop by the Forever Fair building and view the history of the OC Fair. I learned that the fair grounds were formerly an Air Force base! Seeing all the old pictures and the beginnings of the fair truly brings meaning to this year’s theme- “The Beat Goes On”.
I can’t wait to visit next year!
Some helpful tips from the OC Fair website:
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear mosquito repellant
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes – Open toed shoes are not allowed on some carnival rides
- Drink a lot of water
- Have a great time!
The fair is open from noon-midnight Wed-Fri and 10 a.m.–midnight Saturday & Sunday. Closed Mon and Tuesdays!
Check out this page for promotions (Kid Free Thursdays, Senior Day Fridays, etc.)
Admission: Adult $10, Senior $7, Child (6 & up) $5
OC Fair runs through Aug 15. Visit www.ocfair.com for more info!
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this post. That’s IT Mommy received passes to the fair, $20 food voucher and ride tickets. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.