Recently, the Paris Region Tourist Board and Atout France held a special event in Los Angeles to spread the word about the best of what Paris has to offer American visitors. During the event, I sampled tasty dishes by Michelein-star French Chef Antonin Bonnet that transported me to the cobblestone streets of France’s capital city as I watched Parisian street artist Tanc create an amazing masterpiece. I can’t wait to bring my family to Paris someday to share these adventures with them! It’s no surprise that Paris is one of the top travel destinations in the world.
Top Five To Experience The New Paris
- Paris is the European leader for fashion and shopping. You’ll discover more fashion inspiration than you thought possible among the many luxury and haute couture boutiques, small designer shops, department stores and flea markets. New places to shop are always popping up in Paris.
- Now more than ever, Paris is the capital of all things gastronomy. Discover new fine restaurants serving light dishes with local organic products or food trucks serving regional specialties. Fresh local ingredients, great chefs, and a deep history of pastry will introduce your family to a world of new flavors.
- Paris is diverse and is constantly reinventing itself. Fill your days with the arts, walking tours, urban sports, festivals and a unique nightlife. Visit the bold designs of the Fondation Louis Vuitton, a newly opened art museum and cultural center in western Paris, or head over to the Philharmonie de Paris Concert Hall across town in eastern Paris.
- Visit Paris for its history, museums and exceptional landmarks, but don’t stop there. Paris is a modern city that inspires both residents and visitors to innovate and evolve. New trends in fashion, the arts and the food scene abound.
- A cool new trend of repurposing and renovating abandoned train stations and warehouses in Paris’ northeast neighborhoods has sparked an interest in chic and trendy venues formerly frequented primarily by Parisians.