If you are the an outdoor and adventure enthusiast, then here is something that might be right up your alley. The 2017 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival (MAFF) Gathering is happening, September 1-3 at Mt. Baldy.
Meet and interact with world-renowned outdoor adventure athletes for an unforgettable weekend of inspirational adventure films, outdoor activities, music and connecting with your fellow out door loving community.
Explore Mt. Baldy and the San Gabriel National Forest. Check out the newest and greatest outdoor gear in our Vendor Village, be awestruck and inspired as you listen to presentations from some of the best mountaineers, rock climbers, alpinists, and explorers today, and relax on the Top of the Notch deck as you listen to music, are entertained with award-winning adventure films after dark, party into the night, and camp under the stars.
• Sasha DiGiulian (World Champion Rock Climber – Adidas, Red Bull, and GoPro Athlete)
• Adrian Ballinger (Summited Mt. Everest 7 times including his 2017 “no filter” ascent of Mt. Everest without supplemental oxygen – Eddie Bauer and Goal Zero Athlete)
• Steph Davis (Legendary Rock Climber, Wingsuit Flyer, and Author – Mammut and Evolv Sports Athlete)
• Libby Sauter (American Alpine Club Hall of Fame Member and The Nose of El Capitan Female Speed World Record Holder – Adidas Athlete)
• Matthias Mayr (World Class Freeride skier and Award-winning filmmaker – BMW, Elan Skis, and Peak Performance Athlete)
• Brette Harrington (World class rock climber and free soloist – Arc’Teryx and Goal Zero Athlete)
• Heidi Wirtz (World Class Climber and Yogi – Founder of Earth Play Retreats, and The North Face Athlete)
• Christine Burke (Yogi and Author – Founder of Liberation Yoga and author of “The Yoga Healer”)
• Dr. Melina Jampolis (Physician Nutrition Specialist – CNN Diet & Fitness Expert and Guest Host “The Doctors)
• Sarah Haas (Photographer – Getty Images)
• James Edward Mills (Photo Journalist and Author – The Joy Trip Project, National Geographic, and Outside Magazine)
• and more great experts.
Pass includes access to all athletes, instructors, and experts for a weekend of hiking, trail running, rock climbing, yoga, acro-yoga, slackline-yoga, pilates, slacklining, mountain biking, hang gliding demos, downhill skateboarding, camping, slide shows, pro athlete and expert presentations, gear talks, health and wellness seminars, photography clinics, book signings, kids camp (5-12 years old), award-winning films after dark, live music, DJ’s, partying late into the night, socializing, and fun!
For film and music fans, Los Angeles based DJ’s, Ari Shark, Georgia O Kief, Misharev, Andy Mez, and Dansman will be spinning music during the day, and from 9pm until 2am nightly. Los Angeles based band, Hounds, will be performing live on Saturday evening. Award-winning adventure films will be shown nightly outdoors after dark.
Bring your family! Kids 5 – 12 years old can join the Kids Camp, let by Stronghold Climbing Gym Summer Camp Director, Jess Moran. Campers will be exposed to climbing, hiking, slacklining, arts & crafts, games, and adventure films (featuring kids).
For more information visit www.FilmFestivalFlix.com