Veggie Tales: The Little Drummer Boy
Run Time: 50 Minutes
Studio: Big Idea Entertainment
In this Veggie-version of a holiday classic, Junior Asparagus stars as The Little Drummer Boy, a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon the birth of the baby Jesus. A story of generosity, hope and love, this timeless tale will warm the hearts of children everywhere!
My family and I recently had the chance to sit down and watch some of our favorite characters in a Christmas tale: VeggieTales The Little Drummer Boy. As parents of young children, my husband and I really appreciate the values and morals that all of the VeggieTales movies encourage, and The Little Drummer Boy did not disappoint. In the Veggie version of a holiday classic, Junior Asparagus stars as the Drummer Boy, a lonely little child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he comes across the birth of the Baby Jesus in the manger. It is, like the song, a story of hope, love, forgiveness and giving from the heart. It’s sure to get you and your children in the Christmas spirit! I always worry that my 8-year-old is swiftly outgrowing the premise of the VeggieTales stories and characters, but in truth, it was she who was most fixated on the movie and who gained the most understanding about what Christmas should be. The VeggieTales never disappoint with their zany humor, and included in the DVD was the silly song “The 8 Polish Foods of Christmas”, as well as the Little Drummer Boy music video, a behind the music sequence, a visit to a drum factory with Jr. Asparagus, sing-along songs, an interactive book review of Christmas is Finally Here, and a make-your-own-drum family activity. The DVD also features well known Christian artists BeBe and CeCe Winans singing “The Little Drummer Boy”. This movie, in particular, was a huge hit. My girls have asked to watch it again and again since then! And even though I’m generally against Christmas movies and music before the appointed time, I couldn’t help but be won over by the warmth that The Little Drummer Boy conveys. Retailing for $11.99, this movie has a great message to share with your children. It would make a perfect from-the-heart gift for them or any other little soul in your life!
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://store.veggietales.com/ and tell us about another product that you like. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like VeggieTales on Facebook
- Follow VeggieTales on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a VeggieTales -The Little Drummer Boy #DVD via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=19829 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on December 15, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received two copies from Veggie Tales/PR free of charge to facilitate this review. One DVD will be used as Giveaway item and shipped by That’s IT Mommy. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.