Here is my list of 10 beauty must-haves for those days when you are trying to balance all your daily tasks but still want to look fabulous. I also recommend creating a on-the-go kit of beauty essentials to have in your bag for quick fixes and days you go directly from work to evening festivities.
1. CC or BB cream. I really like Mary Kay’s brand of CC cream. It has the consistency of a cream, but also gives you anti-aging benefits, balances your skin tone and and protects you from the sun’s rays with a SPF 35. Pat small amounts on your face. Focus application on the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin for glowing skin. Another good brightening liquid is Benefit Cosmetic’s Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW!
2. Nude lip liner pencil and pen. NARS and Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Line are my favorites. Use the lip liner alone for an easy, natural look or apply it under lipstick to keep it from feathering and extend your perfectly applied smile.
3. Lip Gloss. A sheer luminous gloss that is either clear or a neutral shade to give you fun, full lips and a youthful look.
4. Red lipstick. You never know when you will need a quick pop of color. Going from work to a meeting or a night on on the town, red lipstick gives you the appropriate transition from day to evening makeup. MAC has beautiful shades of red to suit everyone’s complexion.
5. Pressed powder. Touch up your face with NYX Blotting Powder. Even the best applied foundation will need pressing after a few hours.
6. Setting Spray. I recommend Skindinavia Cosmetics makeup setting spray to help your makeup look fresh after you finish your makeup in the morning. It will help your makeup stay put and not set into your skin’s fine lines.
7. Sample size mascara. I have used Urban Decay, Dior and whatever the latest free gift is at Sephora. If you ever wake up late and don’t want to go without your lashes these are great and compact.
8. Facial Highlighting pen. This is a must! I often forget to apply concealer under my eyes when I get ready in the morning. These pens (NARS has a great one, as does Mary Kay) twist at the bottom of the pen so you can dab a small amount under your eye area and blend with the attached pen applicator or your finger.
9. Cleansing cloths. If you go to the gym before you apply any makeup, I’d recommend having an on-the-go cleansing cloth or cleanser in your purse. It’s important that you cleanse the sweat away right after working out to avoid breakouts. Neutrogena makes some good options that you can find in most drug store chains.
10. And my 10th must have falls under a body beauty product…deodorant! I hate realizing I smell and not being able to fix it. So I always have a small trial size deodorant in my purse.
Another organizational tip I use is a compact. I carry a transitional small compact that holds two eye colors, blush, sponges and compact brushes. Sephora has a compact that holds 3-4 pods could be for eye shadows and blush which can double as a shadow. My personal favorite compact is by Mary Kay because it is magnetized. Makeup forever, NARS and many others have similar features. Find one has the feature you need.
Remember that even if you only have a few minutes, a few of these suggestions go a long way!